ebook (mobi) of If my continent weren’t so ruthless with African “economic” refugees – Part 3 (9/2020)
If my continent weren’t so ruthless with African “economic” refugees is a wide-ranging investigation in three parts. It primarily addresses the migrations of African “economic” refugees to the European Union (EU) within the broader context of migrations from non-EU countries. It dissects the way in which the EU deals with this issue while focusing on the French position. It scrutinizes the actions of the EU and its member States both at the external borders of the EU and in Africa, explaining how these actions are connected with the current situation of refugees. This piece of investigative journalism encompasses a lot of original facets. Among them, it examines some overlooked economic causes of migrations; it analyzes the political ideas of people who help refugees; it gives an overview of France’s vital resources to welcome millions of “economic” refugees.
Plan of part 3:
- III. Introduction. Neglecting refugees in times of covid-19
- III.1. Frontex’s priority: Harassing “economic” refugees
- III.2. European funds for Africa to sustain… rejection
- III.3. How EU policies and actions exacerbate forced displacement and extremism in Africa
- III.4. The largest (and mostly invisible) barrier ever?
- III.5. France: Enough resources to welcome millions of African “economic” refugees
- III.6. Conclusion
Have a look at the trailer !